Friday, January 18, 2013

Lello 1375 Ariete Prestige Coffee Terrible experience, do not buy!!!


Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige Coffee Maker by Lello



Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige Coffee Maker Feature

  • 950-watt espresso/cappuccino machine made of heavy-duty stainless steel
  • Removable 2-1/4-quart water reservoir can be refilled from the top at any time
  • ThermoBlock 15-bar pump-driven system provides uniform, constant pump pressure
  • Measures 9-1/2 by 9-1/4 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
  • Cup warming area allows up to 9 cups to be warmed before use
  • Terrible experience, do not buy!!!
    I ordered two ! of these as a gift for Christmas the first arrived with the back part of the machine completely broken off. I exchanged it for the same machine when that one arrived it didn't work. It would turn on and then nothing. AT ALL. Now I have to return it and my gift recipient still has no gift.

    Excellent mid-market Machine
    This is an excellent midmarket machine though the first one we bought wouldn't pump water at all that was fixed with a replacement. The handle can vibrate itself loose in the middle of pulling a shot so be sure it's in there tight. The drip tray also has a weird corrosion problem but that's not visible and doesn't hurt the machine or anything it's just odd. This is for oneoff drinks and it can take a good several minutes to make a good coffee drink but we're very happy with the purchase considering budget and what we use it for 34 drinks per week.

    such a disappointment
    I was given this as a gift this year and the first one we tried could never prime the pumpno sound whatsoevertook it back 1 day later and replaced itsecond one started off fine with the priming processbut the water NEVER EVER came thru. Eventually I think the motor burnt out. The machine looks lovely and looks like it is solidly built. The contact Lello in NJ never had anyone at homeso we took the second one back and got a full refund. So disappointing.

    First thing I ever bought on Amazon, still working!
    I bought this unit November 30 2007 for my husband for Christmas. We are coffee addicts and his tiny little Mr Coffee plastic espresso machine was struggling. I was very hesitant about dropping $200 on an espresso machine. I added it up and we spend about that much a month at our local cafe. So I figured if it popped out 60 drinks then we'd break even. It is December 2012 and this little machine is still going strong! I just found out that it takes ESE pods after 5 years I finally figure this out! and that just makes my day! We have really enjoyed it and have had no problems thus far. I highly recommend it.

    The good, bad, and ugly.
    This is the second time I have purchased one of these coffee makers. It makes great coffee quickly and it is dependable. My major gripe is with the drip tray. They are crap. I shelled out an extra 25 bucks for the latest one thinking that surely for that much more they put in a stainless steel tray. Nooooo it's the same painted or coated junk as the last one. You would think that this is no big deal but the coating bubbles up and falls off and rust bubbles up and over the sides rendering it uncleanable and simply downright ugly. I would hold out for a maker with a stainless steel drip tray. I have had this new one for a few months an have resorted to foil to attempt to stave off the budding cancer which is already moving right along. Why a company would go to such great pains to build a good product and then finish it off with this kind of crap is a mystery to me.

    Missing pin
    The box says there is a special Pin Device enclosed to remove blockages from the basket. I don't have any Pin Device enclosed and I can't seem to find any Customer Service at Amazon or Lello to address this.

    After 6yrs of hard use, RIP
    I'm not a barista nor a connoisseur of coffee but I know good food and I know what tastes good. This is my very first espresso machine I bought on the cheap 6 years ago under $200 similar to the price that it is now attracted by the all metallic design and quality feel. I've never tried out another espresso machine so I have little by way of comparison. But as a long time user of this machine I can say this. The latte I was able to make with this little machine tastes better than the $4.50 equivalent at Starbucks.. I haven't had a single problem for 6 years until just recently. The pump finally gave out. RIP.. I used this machine almost daily many times twice in a day.Any negatives about this machine? Let me mention a few. I suspect that the plastic container that stores the water is probably not BPA free. But that's probably par for the course with the other machines as well.. The metallic tray that catches the excess water will rot. It's not pretty. My solution was to paint it over with a little latex paintYou know I think that's about it. Some people have complained that a little water drips from the bottom? Okay. So the bottom tray fails to capture every ounce of water. Not a big deal for me.

    Excellent weight, feel and value
    I've had my Ariete Cafe for over 2 years. It's heavy and built like a tank not the all plastic feel you get with many of the espresso machines. The ONLY complaint is that it sometimes shots a stream of water through the steamer wand before it becomes 100% steam.

    Well Built Machine
    I purchased this espresso machine about 4 years ago and am just getting around to writing a review for it. Since I have owned this machine for so long I feel that I know it quite well. It does still work amazingly and still produces an espresso and capuccino rivaling any coffee house. I use it each and everyday have been for 4 years so I suppose I've pulled at least 1460 drinks from this thing and it is still going strong! Some words of caution however. The water catch under the tray is rusting and has been for probably 3 years. You cannot see this unless you remove the tray and it does not affect how the machine functions though. Also when adding the ground espresso I normally use Illy do not tamp it down because water will not go through it potentially causing it to dislodge from the machine. The strainer cups that you put the ground espresso have to be cleaned of epresson particles every once in awhile. Normally I just put water in the strainer cup after I make my drink and cup it with my hand and force the water out through the one hole. If this is done each day you can be rest assured that the strainer cup will not get clogged.Because I have had this machine for so long and know its quirks I could see this machine lasting another 4 years quite easily. For the money I think it is a nobrainer to buy this machine. It makes espresso comparable to a $1000 machine seriously it really does! People are amazed at the drinks I make and assume that this machine was much more money. There is nothing plastic on this machine it is quite substantial and built like a tank.

    The best coffee maker!!!
    I love this machineit makes the greatest coffee. I lost it in one trip so I'm getting a new one. Some other friends after our experience got one to.The only problem that this machine has is the metallic tray that will rotten with the coffee drips if you are not careful.

    Read more Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige Coffee Maker Reviews

    Thanks on your pay a visit to our own web site. Hopefully youll pleased with Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige Coffee Maker Shopping on the web is a wonderful choice. this can will save you time and energy. Youโ€�re able to online store from the safety in your home.

    0 comments:

    Lello 1375 Ariete Prestige Coffee Terrible experience, do not buy!!! Post a Comment

    Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine Popular Posts